What is Resolution?
According to dictionary.com "Resolution" means "a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something." But according to same dictionary there are two more meanings of resolution that people focus less on.
1) A solution, accommodation, or settling of a problem, controversy, etc.
2) Reduction to a simpler form; conversion.
If you look at the above two sentences closely, they are tied in a way. They complement each other.
Below are some ways to make "Resolutions" according to above definitions this year.
- Identify the biggest problem that consumed your mental or emotional time last year.
- Identify all you lost because of that problem - time, money, relations to the smallest degree
- Now try to find solution for overcoming these small losses. Take the finding solutions part as an exciting game, rather then mourning for losses.
- If it's a person think even if it's worth expanding energy on that person, if it's a situation think of ways you can fix atleast some aspects.
- Several times the solution to a problem is the Reduction to a level where it no longer bothers us.
- Reduce your interaction with problematic persons
- Reduce the negative influences in your life
- Reduce the amount of spending on unnecessary items, consumption of bad food.